Applications for the Bus Operator position are currently open until all available positions are filled. Please read the information below and click on the link at the bottom of this page to apply.
Job Title: Anteater Express Operator
Job Type: Part Time
Wage/Salary: $13.00 per hour during training, $15.00 per hour upon completion of training with $1 raises every 400 hours worked thereafter.
Hours of Operation: 6:15a-12:00a
Location: UC Irvine campus and surrounding communities
Company Description: Anteater Express operates an on/off campus shuttle service for students, faculty and staff. Currently the Anteater Express Program is comprised of multiple routes, 100+ operators and an estimated ridership of over 2 million.
Job Description: Anteater Express Operators are responsible for the inspection and safe operation of Anteater Express buses. Operators must maintain a pleasant, courteous and helpful attitude toward the public at all times. Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: adherence to time schedules, collecting fares, facilitating route transfers, answering questions and providing good customer service. Operators must also be willing to work flexible hours and perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a full-time UCI student in good standing (will be verified through the University Registrar)
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- You must not be on University disciplinary probation and must be in good standing with the University in compliance with the UCI Code of Student Conduct.
- This will be checked on a quarterly basis.
- May not hold any other paid positions at UCI while working for Anteater Express
- Must have a valid driver license issued by a US State or territory
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid social security card
- Must commit to work each academic quarter through June 2021 (not including summers)
- Must be available for an approximately 80-hour training course during Summer 2020, which will take place on weekdays during the summer. Training days are a maximum of 8 working hours per day and will occur between the hours 8am-6pm most days, though some days will extend to as late as 11pm.
- Must have a GOOD driving record
- Will be verified if hired
- Must agree to give Anteater Express access to your driving record
- Must agree to federal pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing
- Please note that this test screens for marijuana, a federally prohibited drug
- Must agree to submit to a LiveScan background screening
- Must be able to work independently with little direct supervision
- Must be responsible, dependable, and punctual
- Must be able to demonstrate good customer service skills
If you have any questions about employment with Anteater Express, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are general guidelines on the position’s physical, mental, and environmental working conditions. In accordance with applicable state and federal law, UCI provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact Human Resources at (949) 824-5210.
Handle Objects: Frequently
Reach Above Shoulder Level: Frequently
Use Fine Finger Movements: Occasionally
Carry/Lift Loads up to 25 Pounds: Occasionally
Carry/Lift loads between 25-50 lbs: Occasionally
Carry/Lift Loads over 50 Pounds: Not Applicable
Perform Calculations: Frequently
Communicate Orally: Frequently
Reason and Analyze: Frequently
Chemical/Biological Agent: Occasionally
Construction Activities: Not Applicable
Contact with Water/Liquids: Occasionally
Drive Motorized Equipment: Frequently
Confined Spaces: Not Applicable
Elevated Work Location: Not Applicable
Radioactive Materials: Not Applicable
Temperature Variations: Not Applicable
Gas System: Not Applicable
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
In posting the above listing we certify that we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Students will be accepted and assigned to jobs and otherwise treated without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications as protected by applicable state or local laws.